Morningside Recovery Examines the Mental Diseases List
Morningside Recovery and its professional staff have put together a Mental Diseases list to help people be aware of them and/or determine whether or not they or someone they know has any of the symptoms present for any of these diseases. There are many people who want to know whether they or their loved ones have a true mental illness and with such list in place, it is easier to find out. A mental diseases list can help you to discover whether real symptoms are present. A trusted clinic or facility, such as Morningside Recovery, is the best way to diagnose an illness. However, it can be wise to first take a look at a list and see if your (or your loved one’s) symptoms seem to match.
Here’s a brief part of the mental diseases list:
1. Alcohol dependence – a major problem for many, which can cause crippling or life-threatening cravings and changes in the body.
2. Anxiety disorder – symptoms include nervousness and a tendency to avoid all social situations.
3. Autism – a major disorder that impairs learning, speech, and social functioning, especially common among children of the last few generations.
4. Depression – symptoms include avoidance of social situations, a general lack of interest in life, and thoughts of suicide.
5. Schizophrenia – not always the “multiple personality” problem many think it is–that’s Multiple Personality Disorder! Schizophrenia comes with a feeling of “being in your own head” and often intense paranoia and disconnectedness from the world.
6. Alzheimer’s – symptoms include the slow degradation of memory and functioning; this commonly affects the elderly population.
7. Attention Deficit Disorder – a serious disease that can cripple a child’s (or adult’s) ability to focus and learn.
8. Agoraphobia – fear of open spaces and being out of the house.
9. Bipolar disorder – a tendency to shift from happiness or high energy (mania) to depression and lack of interest in things.
10. Dysthymia – a low-level form of depression that affects many people.
You can see the full list here in this article titled Complete Mental Diseases List – Morningside Recovery.
Mental Diseases List
Keep an eye out for these symptoms in yourself and your loved ones and friends. Depression, for instance, is extremely common these days, and symptoms of depression vary from person to person. Therefore, be sure to narrow things down according to the symptoms. If you think you or a loved one may have depression, head to a psychologist, medical doctor, or treatment center such as Morningside Recovery right away. Depression tends to get worse over time, and can be life-threatening.
Examining and browsing through the entire mental diseases list will help you be better informed about the illnesses which could affect you or a loved at any time. Other major types of illnesses to review include personality disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. Obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD, is extremely common these days, given the anxiety we all tend to feel in the hustle and bustle of life in the 21st century. Be sure that you or your loved one is checked out by a true professional if certain symptoms seem common. Examples are repeating certain actions a set number of times, a need to be “in control” of small things that don’t matter, or other such “obsessive” behaviors.
You may want to read Morningside Recovery Examines Mental Illness Discrimination which deals with many issues those affected by illnesses face each day.
In the end, only a true professional or treatment center, such as Morningside Recovery, can help someone with a mental illness or anyone of the many mental diseases found on the list. Make sure you or your loved one get the necessary help.