So you’ve just made a huge decision. You decided you’re ready to make a change and work on recovering from addiction and/or a mental health issue at Morningside Recovery’s renowned treatment center in Newport Beach, CA. Now that you’ve got the hard part squared away though, the question becomes: What do I bring to treatment at Morningside Recovery?
Clothing-wise, we suggest you pack enough for two weeks; there are on-site laundry facilities, so there’s no need to over-pack (we promise, Ladies). Keep in mind the time of year you’ll be here, and the fact that you will be venturing indoors and outdoors every day. The average temperature in Newport Beach is typically between 65-75 degrees, but because we are close to the ocean, temperatures can fluctuate dramatically, so make sure to pack some warm clothes and items to layer and take off over the course of the day.
- All personal hygiene products including, deodorant, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, shaving supplies, toothpaste, toothbrush, and feminine hygiene products
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks (several pairs)
- Blow dryer, curling/flat iron etc.
- Sweat shirt
- Jacket, hoodie, or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers, and pajamas
- IPod/portable music player—with headphones
- Gym clothes and bag (shorts, workout shirt, running shoes, etc.)
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Over the counter medications
- Unnecessary jewelry
- Alcohol based mouthwash, isopropyl alcohols, or any items that contain alcohol
- Your car or motorcycle
Remember, you are permitted to bring your cell phones, laptop computers, and other electronics. Once your primary therapist approves, you have access to these items in full. Until then, they’re safely secured in the office safe. (These items are not available to clients in the detoxification and stabilization unit.)
That all being said, we hope you remember everything and travel safely. We look forward to working with you and guiding you on the path to sustainable recovery. Welcome to Morningside!